Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Crispy Rice Chicken

Its been a month since I posted last.  Taken from the famous last words that come out of Clara all day every day...  

OOPS.  

But at least I have a good reason(ish) this time.  We are moving soon.  And this makes move number 5 since the Mister and I have started cohabitation.  

5, Folks!

The one thing that is always consistent with these moves of ours is this....Me running around last minute like a chicken with her head cut off trying with all her might to finish packing all the odds and ends before the movers come.

It is the worst feeling ever!

(And I never finish on time!) 

So this time I have started early.  One might say, (like the Mister,) that I might have jumped the gun a bit.  For some reason I decided that the kitchen needed to be completely packed up first.  Now, while I try to make dinner every night, it turns into me trying to be as creative as possible with what little utensils and dishware I have left out.

Even with all of the essentials packed away I have managed to come up with this new delicious recipe!

Crystal's Crispy Rice Chicken


  • 1/2 box crispy rice cereal
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/2 tsp thyme
  • 1/2 tsp sage 
  • 2.5 lbs chicken (I used drumsticks)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* It is a well known fact that when it comes to chickens there are pretty much two kinds Americans like.  Breasts and Wings.  However there is one part of the chicken that tastes just as good and yet, due to the fact that it is unpopular, is sold in stores for really really cheap.  The drumsticks!  That is what we used in this recipe.  


** When I make this again I will not be using Cream of mushroom soup.  While it made it really moist and delicious it was almost to moist, while I was going for more crispy.



  1. Mix soup in a bowl with a little water until you have a nice thick consistency. 
  2. In separate bowl, pour out about half of a box of crispy rice cereal and crush it up.  (Don't grind it, just crush it.)  Add all herbs and mix well.
  3. Take your piece's of chicken and cover it with the soup mixture.  Then cover the chicken with the cereal mixture.  Put the chicken on a baking sheet.
  4. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 50 minutes, turning once halfway.



The girls gobbled this up.  (Don't mind the beautiful dinnerware.  Like I said, I really jumped the gun on the packing of the house.  All that is left is the paper plates.)







No comments :

Post a Comment