Monday, October 17, 2011

Scary scary ponies.

It is a beautiful, crisp fall day today.  Mr. Sean is gracing us with his presence and so far it has been a nice relaxing morning.  Here are just a few things that are making me happy right now.

 This is by far saving my life right now, (especially since Rhiannon and I had a late night paper writing session...)



I finally replaced our bubble supply.  This made the kids happy.  When the kids are happy I am happy.

























Last night I raked up our yard and make a nice leaf pile in the corner.  Buerhle is in love with his little outdoor crunchy bed.  Its really cute watching him freak out while jumping around on it.



Things that make me not so happy today........

Oh No!!!!!!!  The dreaded share monster!!!!!  NOT FAIR!!!!!!!
(when does sharing become fun?)


Anything pony related.  Seriously.



Here's something you may or may not know about me, I actually don't like ponies in real life as well.  As a matter of fact, I HATE THEM.  But its not just ponies, I also hate horses, donkeys, horse-like dogs, etc. And for good reason.  Those buggers scare the crap out of me.  Its not just a little heart jump either.  It is a paralyzing fear where I genuinely feel like my life is in danger when they are near.  (Not to mention, they always seem to target me and send me warning stomps of their giant killer hooves while making snorts with their giant snouts as they're looking all crazy eyed at me.)  

Here is a perfect example of how horses are trying to kill me.  While the mister and I were in Hawaii years back we decided to stroll around the hotel grounds and in the "foresty" part.  The Mister walked out of this clearing.  I was standing in the middle of a path.  All of a sudden about 15 giant mother f'ing horses came thundering around the corner and came running full speed RIGHT TOWARDS ME!  I screamed so loud and almost wet myself from fright.

The Mister thought it was HILARIOUS.

 I have had this fear as long as I can remember.  While talking about it with my mother recently she told me a story and now my irrational fear makes perfect sense.

When I was just a young little gal we lived in the country.  When we first moved into our farmhouse it was really rough around the edges.  (We had to remodel almost every room.)  The playroom was on the first floor.  There were no screens in the windows yet.  

One day I was in the playroom minding my own business and sitting by the open window.  (We didn't have air conditioning.)  Simultaneously while I was playing one of our cousin's horses from down the road had broke free and was on the loose.  

So here I am minding my own business when all of a sudden....... A GIANT MOTHER F'ING HORSE HEAD COMES INTO THE WINDOW AND MAKES THE SCARIEST HORSE GRUNTING, LIP SMACKING, NOSE SNORTING NOISE.  EVER.

Mom said I completely lost my shit and it took her a long time to calm me down.  Can you imagine being a 7-8 year old kid and have that happen to you?????  His face was right next to mine.  I am quite sure to this day that he wanted to eat me for a snack.

 And from then on, I have been terrified of those giant scary beasts.  After my mom had reminded me of that incident it all came back to me like it was yesterday and I clearly remember every detail.  

Moral of the story:  Its kind of mean of the universe to make me watch a cartoon of ponies all day.  Please make my child become obsessed with a different show soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment