Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New hairs and salsa chicken

I think I am going to cut my hair right after the wedding.  And I mean before we jump on the plane to go on our honeymoon, right after the wedding.

This is a picture of how short my hair is right before I started growing it out.........


Super cute, Super short, and most importantly SUPER EASY!!!

Don't get me wrong, I like my long hair.  Its just, I don't really like styling it and since Aunt Codi moved far far away I no longer have anybody to style it for me anymore.

So here are some ideas of what I am thinking....


I lovelovelovelovelove this.

SO MUCH.  

I think this one might be the winner.  If I were to go to the salon today this is what I would leave with.



I also like this one, however I feel like that is a little to short for me.  I would constantly feel like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music if I did this.  Plus I don't think the Mister would care for it.


I'm conflicted on if I like this or not.  Sometimes I think I like it....Sometimes I think it is a bit to emo for my taste.  (Actually, the more I look at it the more I think it looks like Justin Bieber, Can you see that too?)



Once again, I like this.  Perhaps I like it because the model is elfish in appearance.  I'm just not sure if I can go that short again......

What are your thoughts on short hair?  More specifically, what are your thoughts on these cuts?

(Here I am right after I got sick of having hair in 05 or 06 and I told my roomie to just "shave it all off".  I called my hairdresser beforehand to ask her the proper way to go about it and she begged me to at least use an 8 guard.  I listened and three minutes later.......I looked like this.)



(Best part about this cut?  2 second dry time.)


Now lets talk about something that actually matters.

Dinner.

Yesterday Rhiannon had a volleyball game.  Since we were going to be at that I decided to throw something in the crock pot.  I found a really easy recipe at crockpotgirls.com.  

Chicken.  Can of Black Beans. Salsa.

That is my kind of recipe.  I always have beans in the house.  I always have chicken in the house.  And since my friend Kerry ALWAYS brings delicious chips and salsa when she comes over I have about a half a dozen half eaten delicious jars of salsa in my fridge that need to be eaten up.  This is my own personal take on this super duper easy recipe.

Ridiculously Easy Salsa Chicken


  • 4-5 chicken breasts
  • 1 jar of salsa
  • 1 can of black beans
  • red or orange pepper, chopped
  • 1 onion, chopped


  1. Throw everything in the crock pot and cook on high for at least 4 hours.
  2. Make some rice.
  3. Stir the mixture up and serve over rice.


This is the types of salsa I used.  They were both 1/2 full.


(Before cooking)



I originally planned on chopping up some cilantro, onion and avocado to serve this with.  However by the time we got home from Rhiannon's volleyball I was to exhausted to even eat.  I took a bite of Rhiannon's and it was REALLY good.  I think for lunch today I will have to give it a proper try.

This is definitely one of those recipes where there is a lot of room for improvement.  If you try this one out and  make any delicious changes, please be sure and let me know!!!!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment