Sunday, October 16, 2011

Brandy, you're a fine girl...

Why yes, I will put a little brandy in my coffee on this fine, chilly and laid back Sunday.

I'm beat today.  BUT I put some roast in the crockpot so I feel as though I have accomplished enough to enjoy some brandy and coffee while listening to the moby station on pandora (don't judge, we all have our own motivational tools) and blogging on my kitchen floor with this guy right here......(Also, please look past the dirty floor.  I'm moving a little slow today.)   


(He really is so freaking cute.  Stinky, but cute.)


Yesterday we had our engagement shoot (done by the amazing Amanda Megan Miller!)  We had so much fun!  I was really nervous before going, I don't particularly feel comfortable having a camera all up in my mug and I know this is the first time the Mister has ever had anything remotely close to a photo shoot before.  Plus the baby is coming down with a killer cold and isn't in the best of moods as of late.  

Clara   cooperated as much as her little body would let her.  Rhiannon was the best big sister and Mama's helper a gal could ask for, and the mister did the best he could.  (Actually I think he really enjoyed himself.)  Amanda put a teaser up on her FB page and I can not wait to see them all!!

I realize that I get a little crazy sometimes.  I need things to go PERFECTLY.  And if they don't I have little mini awesome panic attacks.  It really sucks for me so I can only imagine how it is for my family to have to deal with my mini meltdowns.  At a recent Bears party my future SIL came over looking AMAZING (like usual).  Towards the end of the day I realized it was because of her amazing full beautiful eyelashes.  I pulled her aside and asked her what she did and she told me all about eyelash extensions and how wonderful they were.  I could only agree with everything she was telling me!  Her eyelashes looked 100% natural!  I decided I needed them.  So before our engagement shoot I set out to find some.

One difference between the middle of Illinois prices and Chicago prices for salon (in case you were wondering) is about $200-$400.  I was outraged at the prices people were expecting me to pay for some measly eyelashes!!!  Finally after a full week of searching I found one salon in evanston that charged $25.

Wa hooooo!!!!!!

I went in and told the lady I wanted them to look natural.  I told her this was my first time and I was getting them for a photo shoot.  She then made me look like this.



The mister told me he had a hard time looking at me because it was like looking at a doll.

I couldn't wear my glasses and blink at the same time.

They poked me in the eyebrows if I used any facial expressions at all (like opening my eyes.)

They were not what I asked for.  They were horrible.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to have her fix them.  If I had stayed any later I wouldn't have been home in time to let Rhiannon in the house after she got out of school.  I had a friend trim them for me so I could function and not look ridiculous for the photo shoot the next day.

Then last night I rubbed my eye and a big clump of eyelash fell out of the middle.  I went and looked in the mirror.  Much to my horror they took most of my real, beautiful long eyelashes with them.  After scouring the internet I found olive oil and very hot compresses would help aid in getting rid of them.  The end result was little to no eyelashes left on my eye.  (sorry for the gross close up.)



BE WARNED.  PAY THE EXTRA MONEY FOR THE IMPORTANT SERVICES!!  (you know, like eyelash extensions.  Because NOT having eyelashes REALLY SUCKS.)

And drink some brandy.  It makes you feel fine.  :)

No comments :

Post a Comment