Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Miso Crazy!

Yesterday kind of sucked.  The whole entire day was bad so I decided to end it with a bang (of my knee.)

First, while at the park and trying to teach Buehrle to walk on a leash I tripped on a tree root and rolled my ankle pretty bad.  It hurt but I just brushed it off.  Later at home while walking over the gates we have up for the dog I tripped and did a nose dive to the floor.  I ripped my favorite pair of pants and gashed my knee up

At supper time my ankle started to really hurt and by the time the family was done eating I couldn't walk.  I was SO worried that I wouldn't be able to walk today (which really wouldn't work for me and the dogs bathroom schedule, especially since it is raining and the dog wont go outside unless I make him)  Luckily for me I have the best Mister ever (who carried me around last night) and I can hobble walk today.  (Phew)
 



Today Clara, Buehrle and I all embarked on a new adventure.  We gave the dog a bath and I am 99% sure I did not do it right.  However he did really good and Clara was the best "help" ever!  

Before......



Starting to get unsure........







(I'm glad this dog puts up with us crazy females.)

If you have any good tips on the best way to wash your dog, I would love to have them!


LUNCH!


This is what I had for lunch today.  It is SOOOO good and cheap as hell.  Not to mention super easy to make.  (And for you working girls, you can just throw this into a tupperware and add hot water at lunchtime!)

Once upon a time, not to long ago I was a waitress at a sushi bar in St. Louis.  At this time I was also as broke as a girl could be.  The ingredients to this concoction above is a mixture of what the restaurant allowed its employees to eat for free.  I would usually eat this twice a day.  (Its no wonder I was a stick back then.)

  • Miso soup
  • Rice
  • Scallions
  • Siracha
  • Soy sauce
  • Seaweed  (I hate seaweed so if I had a choice I would not add this.)
Since I don't have a vat of delicious miso soup at my fingertips I now buy the instant packets at the grocery and throw this all together.  Here in Chicago it has officially turned into a blustery wet and cold fall.  I think it is definitely time to put this into my lunch rotation.

Happy Wednesday To You All!


No comments :

Post a Comment