Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Watermelon Sorbet + Tequila = Amazing

I made some watermelon lime sorbet for the Mister's birthday.  It was okay, a little on the sweet side.  I also had bought a handle bottle of Tequila for the misters birthday thinking we were going to have a bunch of people over.  We didn't have anybody over.


So now I have a huge bowl of sorbet in the freezer as well as a giant bottle of tequila silently willing me to drink it.  

Whats a girl to do?

Combine them, of course!

I made myself a Watermelon Lime Margarita last night and Damn was that good!




WATERMELON LIME SORBET

  • 6 to 7 cups of watermelon chunks (seedless watermelon works best.  This will be about 1/2 a watermelon.)
  • The juice of three limes
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar*
  • 1 1/4 cups water
(*Next time I make this I will be using less sugar.  This was a little to sweet for my family's liking.  If you use less sugar make sure you have the same sugar/water ratio.)

Bring your water and sugar to a boil.  Once it boils reduce the heat to a simmer.  Simmer until the sugar is dissolved but DON'T STIR!  Once the sugar is dissolved set it aside to cool.

Put the watermelon and lime juice in a blender and pulse it about 20 times.  Once the sugar water is cooled mix it together with the watermelon/lime puree.  Put it in a bowl and freeze it.

Now at this point you're supposed to check back and stir the mix every couple of hours so it doesn't turn rock hard.  I didn't do this and was able to scrape it out just fine.  

So..............thats how you make sorbet, super duper easy.  After it's ready, put some sorbet back in your blender along with some tequila (however strong you want it, I wont judge.)  Pour in a pretty glass and enjoy!


This was taken after our Hawaii trip four years ago.  Can you believe the mister and I have been together for 4 whole years?  I can't.

He would say "It feels more like 20." (He's really sweet like that.)








No comments :

Post a Comment