Monday, October 21, 2013

Green Curry with Rice Milk and Coconut Oil

Since moving to the burb's our grocery bill has pretty much doubled.  I have yet to find any kind of store to replace my beloved Stanley's.    That being said, I have been trying new ways to stretch the amount of time in-between grocery store trips.  The other day I REALLY wanted some green curry.  It is my absolute favorite fall time comfort food.  Its cheap and easy to make and oh-so delicious.  However, I was out of coconut milk.  I scoured the internet to see if anybody had ever made curry with just coconut oil and rice milk (which is what I had on hand).
 Nada.  

I couldn't find a single recipe SO I bit the bullet and really hoped I wouldn't screw up dinner in the process. 

It was a delicious success.

Crystal's Green Curry with Rice Milk and Coconut Oil


  • Coconut Oil
  • Rice Milk
  • 1/2 tsp ground Ginger
  • 2 T green curry paste (I use the world foods brand.  It's sold at Jewel and is gluten free/dairy free.)
  • Vegetables of choice  (I use two bags of frozen stir fry vegetables.)  *of course if you like meat, add some of that too.  Just precook it before adding it in.
  • Quinoa, rice, noodles or whatever you like to eat your curry on.

  1. Take about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and put in a small sauce pan over M heat.  When it's melted, add two tablespoons (or more!) of your green curry paste. mix together and add around 2 cups of your rice milk.  Take off heat and set aside.
  2. Saute your vegetables in a little bit of coconut oil and ginger, 
  3. Make your filler.  (We used quinoa.)
  4. Add your curry mix to the vegetables and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
This is literally the best curry I have ever made.  The Mister and I finished it all in one sitting.  I even didn't hate quinoa with it!


  Don't forget to add some Sriracha for that extra kick!

Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment