Thursday, September 15, 2011

Smokin' banana peels sound like this

Why Today Is Bad

  • Fell asleep on the couch and didn't plug my phone in==Rhiannon was late to school
  • Have to look at the beautiful fall day while waiting inside for a repair man to come


Why Today Is Good

  • After a week and a half of doing dishes by hand the machine is finally getting fixed.  (fingers crossed)
  • It is almost Friday which means in a few short days my house will be filled with wonderful friends and family for the weekend!



One of those amazing people that are coming is this girl above.  Her name is Amanda.  She is not only an amazing friend, she is also a nurse, sister, aunt and dog lover.  She is by far my favorite person on earth.  

Once upon a time, 16 years ago, I walked into my brand new, stupid, didn't want to go to it, everyone was going to be mean, i don't need any new friends junior high.  I was hell bent on not smiling or talking to anyone.

Out of NOWHERE I was ambushed by this RIDICULOUSLY bubbly, fun and happy girl.  I remember it clearly, (you know, like it was yesterday instead of almost TWO DECADES AGE....) 


"Oh my god!!!  I LOVE your shoes!!!  Wow that's such a COOL shirt!!!  Are you new???  Come on!!!  We HAVE to be friends!!!"  

She then grabbed my arm and introduced me to about 75 more people.  

I really had no choice but to become friends with her.  

Since that day she has proven to be the truest friend any girl could ever ask for.  11 years ago, she was the only person who remained by my side and was my total rock throughout my pregnancy with my oldest daughter Rhiannon.  Throughout the years we have always proven to be there for each other and we have also lived with each other more times then I can even remember.  

She is beautiful inside and out.  I'm proud to call her my best friend and I am beyond excited to see her again.  














(That last picture had to be extra large because it is just that awesome.)

Sometime over the years I managed to acquire her amazing Banana Bread recipe.  It is the easiest, tastiest and my favorite of breads to make, ever.  I will share it with you now.  

Amanda's Banana Bread



  • 1 1/2 C Flour
  • 1 C Sugar
  • 1 tsp Baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
  • 1 C ripe Banana's (about 2 bananas)
  • 1/2 C Butter
  • 1/2 C Milk
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Blend all ingredients for two minutes
  3. Bake in greased loaf pan for one hour.  

This recipe is SO easy it only takes a total of 5 minutes of work time out of your day.  It usually disappears in  the same day its made in my house.  For about seven years I was a pretty strict vegetarian.  I was able to easily convert this recipe to vegan bread.  To do that I Flax seed for the egg (1 tbsp of ground flax seed and 3 tbsp of water=1 egg), subbed applesauce for the butter (4-3 ratio) and used soy milk.  Rhiannon couldn't taste the difference!  

No comments :

Post a Comment