Friday, September 9, 2011

Falling Into.......

Last year I ran across this article/break up letter that I felt spoke to me.  It said exactly how I felt about this little delicious devil...............


Knowing how much money the delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte is I went searching for a recipe to enable me to make it at home.  I found plenty out there however while reading them I found myself becoming nauseous at the ingredient list.  I could feel my ass getting bigger just by looking at it!  From now on when I get a hankering for a Pumpkin Spice Latte I will let some other person make the delicious mess for me.

I do think i will try and make this version, however for our Friends Thanksgiving we are hosting this year.....

Putting all that crap in one cup == gross nasty disgusting.  Putting it all in a crock pot == somewhat acceptable.  

So since I have had my first PSL, that means fall has officially arrived.  This post is dedicated to all things fall here in our little corner of the world.


You know it is fall when............

Jammies start looking like this





You know it is Fall when......

The city looks like this!  (Still waiting for the leaves to change...)






You know it is Fall when......

The lake does this......

(if you watch them all the way through you will get to see waves that crash so tall they drench the babe and me, a good 15ft away)



This one is the longest, but by far the best.  Also I captured a crazy man who doesn't understand the concept of clear and present danger!  




Here is a picture showing how Clara felt about that last wave that hit us........(she is such a good sport, putting up with her crazy Mama)






You know it is fall when........

Playing in the park involves hoodies!!!!








You know it is Fall when.......



Mama starts making her Potato Soup again!



This is a very exciting time in our lives.  If you don't believe me just ask Rhiannon or Aunt Codi.  Don't ask the Mister, though.  He hates when I make home made soup.  

Last night he tried to explain why he wouldn't eat my soup.  He said the food should be in a bowl and the liquids should be in a cup.  I told him that he just has never had anyone love him enough to make him fresh, home made, all natural delicious soup before and he should give it a try. 

His response, "Do we have any dino nuggets?  How about any leftovers?"    

I made this soup up a million years ago when Rhiannon was just a wee little thing.  It is another recipe that has fed us well through out the years.  Since I just throw a bunch a stuff together everything in this recipe should be added to your liking.   I will put my approximates in parenthesis.  

Crystals Potato Soup

  • Potato's (6-8, cubed)
  • Carrots(5 large, my girls eat em up, cut however you like I cube em)
  • Onion (1 large chopped)
  • celery (2-3 chopped)
  • Garlic (3-5 cloves, I'm a bit obsessed with garlic, sometimes I chop it, sometimes I smash it and throw it in whole)
  • cream of mushroom soup (one regular size can)
  • milk (only 1/2 to 1 cup)
  • salt, pepper, rosemary, sage (to your liking)

  1. Cut up all your vegetables and put them into your stock pot.  If I use fresh herbs I add them now.  Put enough water to cover the vege's.  (keep in mind some will evaporate, so add a little extra on top.  Not to much though unless you like your soup brothy.) 
  2. Boil until all vege's are soft.  This will take about 30 minutes, sometimes less.
  3. Turn heat off.  If you are using dried herbs add them now.  
  4. Add cream of mushroom soup.  I never skip on this part.  I think that is why this soup is so delicious.  
  5. Add milk.  I really only add a splash of milk for color.  
Once the cold hits us here Rhiannon asks for this at least two times a week.  Seeing it is also one of my favorites, who am I to say no?




 

No comments :

Post a Comment