Friday, December 20, 2013

Goat Cheese and Chorizo stuffed Dates Wrapped in Bacon

Are you ready for your holiday parties yet?





Are you looking for a last minute hor'dourve for your Christmas day?

Look no further.

I made these for the Mister and I last week to see if they were any good.  (I omited the goat cheese in his)

We gained 15 lbs each.
(It was worth every pound.)

Chorizo and Goat Cheese stuffed Dates wrapped in Bacon


These sure look fancy and complicated, don't they?

Great news!  

They are the easiest thing I have ever done.  
I will break it down in pictures for you.

This recipe calls for four ingredients.



Bacon
Chorizo
Goat Cheese
Dates

  1. Precook your chorizo.  
  2. Cut your bacon pieces in half.  
  3. Set out a cookie pan and line it with foil.
  4. If you didn't buy crumbled goat cheese, crumble it.
While researching this recipe I found most people said pitting the dates was a messy affair.  I had bought the dates a few days in advance and refrigerated them.  I did not find them to be messy at all, quite the opposite actually.  

Slice your dates and take the pits out.  
I used my thumbs to make the cavity in the dates a little larger.  
This way I could fit more delicious goat cheese and chorizo in them.


Put a teaspoon of chorizo and a hearty pinch of goat cheese in the cavity of the date.


Take a piece of bacon and set it down on your surface.  
Put your date in the middle and wrap it up.

(I used a full slice of bacon, next time I will halve them.)

Once all of your dates are filled, put the cookie sheet in a COLD OVEN.  Once in, turn the oven to 400 degrees.

They should be done in 20-25 minutes. 



These are meant to be served at room temperature which means you can make these the night before, refrigerate them and then pull them out a half an hour before party time.

They seriously taste like bacon candy.
Let me know if you make them!  
I wanna compare notes!

Have a great weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment