I read this blog post a while ago and now almost everything the wee one in my house does, mentally brings me back to the list.
Take last night, for example. The Mister and I were jolted from our slumber because of a terrible, ear shattering wail that was coming from Clara's room. I jumped out of bed and half ran-half stumbled into her room believing that I was going to find something incredibly harrowing.
- a fire.
- Or a real life boogie man.
- Or at the very least, maybe she had an accident and peed the bed.
- Or had a nightmare and fell out of the bed.
- Maybe she hit her face in her sleep and her nose was bleeding.
- Maybe there was a giant spider on the wall.
All of these terrifying possibilities were running through my head in the 8 seconds it took me to get from my room to hers.
I would have accepted any of these as valid reasons for her screaming.
However, when I went into her room I found her and the dog both sitting on her bed (much like this, except in the dark),
And she said in a very calm and plain voice,
"Mama, give me cookies."
That was her reason for waking up an entire city block at 4 in the morning.
I'm going to let you figure out who did NOT get cookies.
Happy Hump Day!