Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I wanna hold your hand.

I read this blog post a while ago and now almost everything the wee one in my house does, mentally brings me back to the list.

Take last night, for example.  The Mister and I were jolted from our slumber because of a terrible, ear shattering wail that was coming from Clara's room.  I jumped out of bed and half ran-half stumbled into her room believing that I was going to find something incredibly harrowing. 

Like.........

  •  a fire.  
  • Or a real life boogie man.  
  • Or at the very least, maybe she had an accident and peed the bed.  
  • Or had a nightmare and fell out of the bed.  
  • Maybe she hit her face in her sleep and her nose was bleeding.  
  • Maybe there was a giant spider on the wall.  

All of these terrifying possibilities were running through my head in the 8 seconds it took me to get from my room to hers.

I would have accepted any of these as valid reasons for her screaming.  

However, when I went into her room I found her and the dog both sitting on her bed (much like this, except in the dark),



And she said in a very calm and plain voice, 

"Mama, give me cookies."

  COOKIES, FOLKS.  

That was her reason for waking up an entire city block at 4 in the morning.  

For COOKIES.

I'm going to let you figure out who did NOT get cookies.




Happy Hump Day!

No comments :

Post a Comment