Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hunger

Truth Time

I'm the type of person who will get completely and totally swallowed up in good book series.  Even if the books are mediocre or borderline bad, my brain intertwines with the characters until I feel every emotion.

It is exhausting and fabulous, all mixed in one. 

I actually passed this trait onto my oldest daughter.  Throughout her life we have read many book series together.

The Lemony Snicket series.  The Lightening Thief series, His Dark Materiel books.  Etc etc.  

{However, I could never get her to start reading the Harry Potter books (My absolute favorite.  I cried like a baby in the seventh book.) I refused to read the Twilight series.  Her absolute favorite.}

Confession Time

Rhiannon has been asking me to read the Hunger Games series for over a year and a half now.  I always said yeah yeah yeah, I promise I will, but I secretly didn't want to for fear that it would be really really bad and I would have to pretend like I liked it.  However, after Rhiannon read The Hunger Games, she became a lot more aware and interested in politics.

Even throughout the past presidential debates she would make references to the "capitol".

The Mister and I knew we needed to read these books in order to talk politics with Rhiannon using references she would understand.  

I decided over spring break to bite the bullet, read the books and get it out of the way.

Rhiannon I owe you the world's biggest apology.


The Hunger Games have slayed me.



Seriously.



I read the entire series in three days and it only took me that long because I still had to do things like....

 Take care of Clara.  

And feed the mister.  

After I read the books I made the Mister watch the movie with me again.  Now I am back to reading the books, only slower this time.

I want to soak in every word.  

Feel every emotion.  



This book series is my new absolute favorite in the whole entire world.  
(I know I am about 5 years behind on jumping on this bandwagon.)


Rhiannon, I will never doubt your reading judgement again.
Unless it's twilight.


I think the Hunger Games beats the Harry Potter series.  
(And those are potential fighting words.)

Now, if you excuse me, I have some reading to do.



(Slayed!)

No comments :

Post a Comment