Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Juicing and Smoking

We bought a few new toys this weekend.

They are pretty fantastic.
At least mine is.

This picture is a pretty good preview of what our weekend consisted of.  

Except the vodka.  

Surprisingly enough, that did not get opened.


(Cheapest Costco visit we ever had!)

The Mister got himself a food saver.  His original plan was to take that giant pork loin and have a nice slow day with his smoker.  

Reality was, the smoker was frozen shut.  

So the ten lbs of pork were cooked in the oven instead. 

(Which is a crying shame!)  



HOWEVER, he did get to use his fancy-schmancy new food saver to help him have all sorts of delicious lunches.

(Has anyone ever used a foodsaver before?)

 It took him forever to get all of the seals on the bags done and it "overheated" about every three bags.  

Any words of advice for us?  Is it just a scam of a machine?

This is my new toy!  


I've been hinting to the Mister about wanting a juicer for quite some time now.

(He never quite got the hint.  Until I said the actual words, that is.)

It is fantastic.  

Every morning Clara says, 

"Juicy juice, Mama!  I want some Juicy Juice!"


(I didn't realize the fruit actually explodes.  Clara and I were laughing like madmen in this photo.)


My favorite recipe that we have come up with is this:

Peach Mango Madness

  • 2 Peaches
  • 1 Mango
  • 1 wedge Cantaloupe
  • 1 orange

  1. Peel the orange and mango.  
  2. Cut the cantaloupe from the rind.  
  3. Take the pit out of the peaches.  
  4. Juice
This concoction is sooooo creamy and delicious! 

I absolutely can not wait till peach season comes!

(Hey, Girls.  Remember my delicious peach margarita's I like to make in the summer?  Well I do believe they just became yummier.  Come on summer!!!)

In other news.....
I start my triathlon training today.  

Operation stop being chubby is in full affect!

If you are interested in training too, this is the schedule I am following.  

Hope you are having a great week!

No comments :

Post a Comment