Monday, January 13, 2014

Day Tripping

Yesterday it actually got above 40 degrees.

Heat wave!


Since the weather was enjoyable, The Mister suggested a day trip to Michigan. 
Like any good northerners, we took advantage of the beautiful weather and went to spend the day at the beach.


Clara likes to guide us with her map. 


Rhiannon climbed up an ice covered tree...


And then wanted to walk over these icebergs to get to the lake.  
I swear if that girl doesn't get some sense in her I will never let her move out of the house.  She scares me silly almost every day.


Some family ice skating action went down.  


As well as some slide racing.
I totally won.

These pictures were taken at Warren Dunes State Park.
I can't wait to come back for some great hiking this spring.

We stopped for a food break and ended up at the worst restaurant ever.  It was called Fitzgerald's.  It's in Sawyer MI.  The service was terrible.  The food was worse.  I wouldn't waste your time or money here if I were you.  However they did have a really cool painting of this dog.


We ended our trip by stopping at a few antique stores.

First, we met the worlds largest and sweetest dog, Maggie. 

I'm pretty sure this is the flying dog creature from 
The NeverEnding Story.

We finished with this place.  It's 3 giant barns, all connected, and filled with antiques and large beautiful, ornate chandeliers.
Drool....

Those windows = to die for.



Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment