Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Daylight

Rhiannon had her first cooking lesson.  
She informed me that she wanted to learn how to cook southern style food.

This really is NOT the job for me to teach, 
(this is a job for Mrs. Ritter).

However, I have a few recipes from Mrs. Ritter and that is just going to have to do.

So she made jambalaya.  
It was incredibly tasty and I am proud of how her first stab at it went. 



I learned that she needs some serious help with her knife cutting skills.  I thought for sure we were going to find a finger in our food the way she was hacking at the celery, so we worked on that a bit.

She also learned what "natural casings" mean.
She was not impressed, to say the least.



We then learned that it is NOT OKAY to have your sister "help stir" a scalding hot pot on top of a high flamed gas stove.

Like never-ever-ever.


(Especially when you have to stand on a stool to see over the pot!)

The end result was fantastic, and I am one proud Mama!


Good work, Rhiannon!
**Sorry if you are following me on instagram.  I'm a part of a 
One Day challenge where you are supposed to document the mundane everyday parts of your day.  So far I forgot the first 3 hours of the day.**  

(Lucky for you!)


ALIFE SESSIONS: NINJASONIK "DAYLIGHT" from ALIFE on Vimeo.


Happy Humpday!

No comments :

Post a Comment