Monday, September 9, 2013

Morning Hike

The Mister took the girls on a morning hike in the forest yesterday.  

(I did not join them.  Walking through tall grasses where snakes live and cockaburrs grow will never be something I want to wake up early to participate in.) 

However, they were incredibly excited.  

So I drank coffee and caught up on my blogs while they explored the wilderness that is now our back yard.  


They had a great time.  
Rhiannon was able to take some amazing shots with her camera!
And I enjoyed my quiet time.  



And while I do think this should become a weekly adventure for them.....I think next time there should be a little less snake handling.



I'm told they found this single yellow flowering plant in the middle of a grassy area.  Naturally they told Clara it was the secret and magical flower from her favorite movie, Tangled.

You should ask her about it sometime.  
She is pretty excited that she found the magic flower!  
In her backyard!



These last three are my favorites out of the bundle of pictures Rhiannon snapped during their hike.  


Clara being a sassy pants, I'm sure.

After stomping about, they found a trail!
(And quite a lovely looking one, if I do say so myself!)


This is my absolute favorite.  
I love how the sky looks so broken here.



Happy Monday!


No comments :

Post a Comment