Friday, August 16, 2013

31

I have to say thank you to everyone who sent me facebook messages, texts, emails, snapchats, presents, called, etc. etc. for my birthday this year.  

It means the world to have so many lovely people who took the time out of their day to wish me well.  
Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

We did a low key birthday this year.  
(We are supposed to close on our house Tuesday, so when the Mister asked what I wanted this year, I could only tell him that I wanted a house.)

I really wanted to go to Wildfire for lunch because their chopped salad is AMAZING and they have a really extensive Gluten-free menu.

However, once we got there, we found out they are renovating, and therefore closed during lunch hours until October 1.  Under normal circumstances, this wouldn't be to much of a problem, unless, of course, you have Celiac Disease.

Then it's a HUGE problem.

(If you are ever in Chicago and you have any kind of gluten sensitivities, all Lettuce Entertain You restaurants have great gluten free menus!)

After walking around and grumbling a bit, the Mister said we were going to Joe's.

Not a good start for low key, I know.  
But it was fabulous.
And who am I to argue?





 AND I got free desert.  
(My ass thanks you, nice people at Joe's.)


 We spent the rest of our afternoon checking out the Rebuilding Exchange
(Not as cool as habitat for humanities in St. Louis,  but still pretty cool)
and thumbing through a few used book and record stores


I was able to find some steals on a few record's.
I love it when that happens.



Then we spent the rest of the evening at the ball park.


Does your Mister keep score while at the game?
Mine does. 

And let me tell you......It's the  Cutest.  Thing.  Ever.



And although the Cubbies didn't pull off a win, it was a fabulous way to ring in year #31 in this life. 



Thank you again for all the birthday love!  Next time I post, I will no longer be a city dweller...but a crazy forest living suburbanite. 

holyshitholyshitholyshit

Have a great week, everyone!

 


No comments :

Post a Comment