Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hide and Steal

Do you remember this post here?

Where my sweet little baby stole my one and only set of car keys and we couldn't find them for weeks?

Well guess what I did since noon today?  As I was attempting to go to the post office to send off some birthday presents for my sweet little niece, I realized I couldn't find the car keys anywhere.  So I started looking around.

Three hours later my looking became very frantic.  Our car was in a spot that becomes a tow away zone during rush hour.  I had exactly one hour to find our keys and there wasn't a hint of them anywhere!

I tore the house apart.

I put the house together.

I tore the house apart.

The Mister came home.

We put the house together.

We tore the house apart.

(Break for supper.  Okay time to get at it again.)
We noticed the flashlight he was using before supper mysteriously disappeared as well....  

Then, the Mister found Clara hiding the ipod behind the couch.

Our suspicions grew....

We emptyied out Clara's toy-box and started going through her toys one by one.

We found the missing flashlight.

We found a rock we brought back from death valley that was sitting by the keys earlier in the day... but no keys.

Then, as we were talking about how hopeless the case of the missing keys were, (at this point it was 8:30 pm) I saw a glimmer out of the corner of my eye.

Do you see them?



How about now?

 
We called Clara in to her room to have a serious talk about how it is never okay to take things that don't belong to you as well as how the keys are never to be touched.

She responded and apologized in a normal two yr old way.  

By asking for candy. 

At least we got a hug.

You win, Clara Marie.  You win.  However that awesome pricey ticket?  Its coming out of Santa's pocket.







No comments :

Post a Comment