Friday, August 19, 2011

Horrible Terrible No Good Very Bad Month

I know that is what the last post reads.  However if I had known how the world was about to take such a turn for the worst I would have kept my big fat spoiled mouth shut.

My sweet and loving Mister was attacked at the beginning of July (which is why I have taken a month long sabbatical away from this little project.)  He was hurt really bad and I have been spending all of last month trying to get him to at least 75%.  Some days are better then others but he is still constantly in pain and all of his injuries are going to be a slow and painful healing process.  However I am happy to report He is actually starting to return back to his normal grumbler self.  

Since things are looking up in our direction I can FINALLY focus on other parts of our life.  (like this little project.)

Since the entire month of July sucked (Mister hurt, basement flooding, Hobbes the lizard dying, car flooding etc) we were very relieved when August arrived.  I originally planned to start writing again once August 1st came BUT life got REALLY busy (as it usually does ).

I have decided a quick photo recap was the best way to catch us all back up to date.

I bought Clara this awesome headband from Timeless Toys in Chicago.  Every time she wears it her walk turns into a strut.  Hands down, this is the best free entertainment I have had in quite some time.
























Then Clara and I went blueberry "picking" (or eating if you were under the age of 2)  It was so darn hot we had to leave a lot earlier then expected and only brought home 5 quarts.
























RHIANNON CAME HOME!!!!!!!  The Girlies had loads of fun together!!!











They also ate 5 quarts of blueberries.




Our beloved Hobbes died.  Saddest day ever.  I cried a ton.  I got laughed at even more.  I made them all have a lizard funeral.  Rhiannon had a friend over that day.  I made her come to the funeral too.  Pretty sure her friend thinks I'm nuts.





I hung up the Mister's stupid L Flag.  Only because I felt sorry for him.  And I needed to hide some crap.  (Can you find the baby feet in this picture?)




We put the Mister's "Man Corner" together for him and then all enjoyed an evening together.  


(If you can't tell whats going on, Mister is watching three different games and the gals and I are watching a romantic comedy on the tv.  Quality family time at its best.)


We got a ton of rain that night and our "man corner" was completely flooded.  (Awesome!  Thank you evil July gods!)


Rhiannon went back to her Dad's for a bit and life went a lot like this.........


The Mister slept......

And the baby and I swam.  Every day.

She kind of hates it still.  I'm trying, folks.  I was jumping off the high dive at the ripe age of two.  She needs to man up.  You can not be my child and not be part fish!!!!!!!

That was pretty much everything fun/worth talking about in July.  Then August came.....and my beautiful baby sister came to baby sit for us so  we could celebrate my last year in my twenties.  

(I'm an old fart)



The mister then took me on the most romantic birthday breakfast EVER and spoiled my ass rotten!!

He then went to the otb with the dirty old boys. 



The girls and I made a day in the city.  We were going to go to some street festivals but it started to really rain.  We ran into the Pick Me Up cafe and found they have vegan milkshakes!!!!!!!!  This is extremely exciting since half of my family cant eat dairy.  

Clara was able to experience her FIRST MILKSHAKE EVER!!!!!


I believe she drank half of that before she would loosen her grasp on the cup.

After we decided to get out of the rain we met up with the boys and had some crab legs in the most amazingly awesome dirty dive bar called half-shell.  I know that is never what you want your sea food place being described as but trust me.  AH MAAAA ZING!!


(the boys having some much needed man love time)


I was then almost killed.  


(Death by shots.)

But I survived.

(Barely.)



I ended my sabbatical away from you all by going to my moms and digging through some old pictures.

Here is what I have found.

This is Rhiannon being the sassiest chic you will ever meet--at age three.


And here is my family killing our chickens on the farm I grew up on.  My job was the best!!!!.  I got to go into the chicken yard and chase around and catch the chickens.  I then brought them to their death.  

Do you know how hard it is to try and catch an angry chicken when you are just 10 yrs old?





After this horrible month has come and gone, I realize it has made me only appreciate our beautiful crazy life we have together even more.  I truly have the best Mister in the whole damn world.

The End.





No comments :

Post a Comment