Monday, June 17, 2013

gazpacho

The internet has been out for a week AND my computer isn't holding charge for some reason.
(Uncle Chuck, HELP!)
So I have been a bit quiet over here.
Sorry.
Take this awesome recipe as an apology.
Crystal's Gazpacho
  • 6 tomatoes
  • 1 cucumber (peeled)
  • 1 large red onion
  • 2 green peppers
  • 3 green onions
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • parsley and cilantro to taste (I use a handful each)
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  1. You are supposed to peel the tomatoes, but I never have and I think it is delicious.  However if you don't like the tomato skin you can easily peel them by boiling a pot of water, drop the tomatoes in for about a minute, then immediately submerge them into an ice bath.  The skins should slip off very easy after that.
  2. Put all of your vegetables into a food processor.  Blend to your desired consistency.  (We like to keep it a little chunky.  Also, I like to blend each item seperatly and then mix them together in a seperate bowl.  This way I can control how smooth each ingreedient is.)
  3. Add your red wine vinegar and mix well.  Then add your olive oil SLOWLY and make sure you mix it in well!
Happy Monday!

No comments :

Post a Comment