Sunday, June 5, 2011

***!*!*!Double***Digits!*!*!***


Well it's official.  I have an eleven year old.  Rhiannon, you are officially starting to date me.  Whenever people find out I have an eleven year old the gig will be up and they will know I am not young anymore.  (sigh)



This year for her big day Rhiannon wanted to try again for a beach party.  The agenda was as follows
  • Beach fun with her friends
  • Back to the house for pizza



  • Just Dance 2
  • Presents and Ice Cream Sundae Making Time






  • Makeovers
  • Supper and Cake



  • Movies 



  • (Yes we did buy Justin Bieber Never say Never just for the occasion.)


In reality, we woke up to a monsoon (that lasted almost three whole days!)  So instead of going to the beach the seven little girls played lots and lots and lots of Just Dance.  I believe the party was a success.  We were kicked out of the basement for the whole night.  The mister didn't really care for being banished into the playroom.

So I put him to work.



But lets be honest, we really need to get to the most important part of this post.  The cake.  That chocolate cake I made might of been the most delicious thing I have ever made.



I got the bones of the recipe from this blog here, and then I made it even better.


  • 1 Chocolate cake mix, I used devils food cake
  • 1 C chocolate chips
  • 1 C sour cream
  • 1 pkg chocolate pudding (dry)
  • 1 tbsp instant coffee mixed in 3 tbsp water

Prepare cake as directed on box and add all the other ingredients.  Pour into whatever pan you chose, I used two 9" round cake pans and bake as directed on the box.  I left it in for an additional 5 minutes.  Place on a wire rack to cool.

For the icing I took 1 C of butter (at room temp) and put it in my kitchen aid.  I then added 4 oz of melted chocolate bar (80% cocao) and mixed them together.  I added 2 1/2 C of powdered sugar and a little milk till I got it to the consistency I wanted.

The result is pure deliciousness.  Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby!








.




No comments :

Post a Comment